Sudden slowdown in games after a few minutes

fillythebish 14:50 15 May 07

All of a sudden my games have started slowing down after a few minutes of play, sometimes 10 minutes sometimes 30 minutes. The frames drop instantly and everything gets realy sluggish. I feel that is an overheating issue as if I turn off the game for a while and restart it, it will run fine again for another 30 minutes.

Anyone know what could be happening?

Im not running my games at a higher quality than usual, its been fine for a year or so up till now.

Totally-braindead 14:58 15 May 07

It could be the hard drive needing defragged - though that would probably cause slowdown from the start, something scheduled to run at a certain time and starting up slowing everything up or as you say overheating.

load this program, then minimise it, it shows all core, cpu and grx temps in the corner of your screen.
after playing games a while alt and tab and check your temps are ok
click here

Technotiger 15:47 15 May 07

Hi, certainly sounds like overheating. I suggest you open up your case and check all fans are working ok, and while you are at it check for any build-up of dust - if necessary give it a good cleanout.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…