Sudden Poor Quality Video Playback

Qdiddy 19:59 26 Feb 05

Hi all,

Within the past few weeks, some of my home videos (captured with DV camera and transferred with firewire using Movie Maker as DVI format) have suddenly started having playback problems. I have previously played them with no problems and even done some editing using movie maker.

I've checked the performance settings in control panel and in my various media players and defragged the relavent drive, but I still can't get the videos to play without jumping around, sound cutting out and overall system performance grinding to a halt.

The wierd thing is that this is not happening on all of the video files, but only on the ones with a file extension of "video file". "Mpeg" or "WMA/Video File" extensions are error free. I have even tried to recapture the video again using movie maker and Nero, but the new file has the video file extension and quality is still poor.

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong and offer any solutions?

Qdiddy 21:29 26 Feb 05

Bump :)

Qdiddy 00:00 27 Feb 05

Bump.

JonnyTub 00:02 27 Feb 05

suggest codec issues ?

Qdiddy 11:34 27 Feb 05

Hi JT,

Can you elaborate? How do I check this? Should I be reinstalling codecs or something?

Qdiddy 00:22 28 Feb 05

Have sussed out a DMA problem on a couple of other threads. This seems to have solved it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…