Sudden Inability to Post to Helproom

griffon 56 14:24 06 Aug 05

Since late last night I've been unable to post to Helproom threads and the following words are showing in the progress bar, "Transferring data from uk.intellitxt.com" after all activity seems to be complete. Any ideas?

palinka 14:38 06 Aug 05

have you checked for viruses; worms; etc? I something hijacking your connection?

Joe R 15:42 06 Aug 05

griffon 56,

are you using firefox.?

woodchip 15:44 06 Aug 05

Tell me something New!

Joe R 15:50 06 Aug 05

click here,

a link which has certainly accelerated the site for me. ( firefox 1.0.6 )

Diodorus Siculus 15:58 06 Aug 05

What is the Hosts file?
click here

griffon 56 13:08 07 Aug 05

Thanks everybody. I've got the usual malware defences in place and it's not doing it today. My ISP had posted a message to say that it would be undergoing maintenance on 6th and 7th, so perhaps it was that. I'm trying the two recommended sites ASAP .

Further point, anybody get Firefox not displaying pictures, such as Ebay goods photos and brochure photos? If so, any suggestions? Thanks.

griffon 56 13:37 07 Aug 05

It's just occurred to me, it might have been useful to have listed the malware defences I'm using. Apologies if I'm preaching to the converted. They are Zone Alarm6, AVG7, A-Squared, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster, Anti-dialer, CCleaner (tho' this is not a spyware killer it keeps the registry, etc, clean and makes things run more smoothly) and Evidence Eliminator (that, too, isn't a spyware killer but it gets rid of all usage traces including all cookies). They're all available free.

Stuartli 14:46 07 Aug 05

The FE has posted a full explanation of the reasons for not always being able to access the forums.

Part of it reads:

There's an intermittant glitch with the server software - called ColdFusion (CF) which deals with the databases.

It's resulting in the timeout error message being generated. We're working on it, but it's tricky, and it may take a little while.

Stuartli 15:52 07 Aug 05

Further to this thread - if you wish to speed up Firefox without going through the about:config routine and doing it manually, download this utility:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…