Sucatreg.exe?

Jakey boy 11:40 18 Apr 04

Anyone got any info on this running process file? I've found references to it as some sort of virus/worm. But I believe it is a kosher windows process.

VoG II 11:42 18 Apr 04

Don't think this is a Windows file click here

Jakey boy 11:51 18 Apr 04

Yes, I know it has been described as a worm. but I have PestPatrol and it doesn't detect it on my system. I found google search result on it, and the advice was to Uncheck "check publisher's certificate revocation" in the internet options/advanced tab. I did that and the process didn't return (?) Also, none of the other running processes appear in my list.

cycoze 12:03 18 Apr 04
  cycoze 12:09 18 Apr 04

Also , taken from click here :-

Problem: When I open msinfo32 Device Manager it tries to connect to the internet. It is sucatreg.exe (Windows catalogue registration) knocking on the door out. What is it trying to do and how do I stop it doing it?

Possible Solution: Most likely you have an "unsigned" driver that sucatreg.exe is trying to update a driver for or you may have a damaged catalog. In Control Panel, double-click Internet Options, click on the TAB labeled Advanced, scroll down the list to the heading of Security, and Uncheck the option “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation.”, Then click OK. That should fix it.

Hope that sheds some light .

Jakey boy 12:24 18 Apr 04

Just as I thought, OS is ME, and as you will see in my previous response we agree. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…