Substitute Parts/Downgrade following repair?

Jaffa13377 18:12 25 May 05

Also posted on Consumerwatch forum as possibly covers both aspects:

I purchased a laptop from PC World in December 2002 together with a 3 year extended Warranty. The Laptop developed a fault and was sent off for repair. It came back with a note saying they had replaced the main board and cpu. However, the laptop doesn't seem to be running as well as it was prior to the original fault occurring and looking at the System Properties window general tab, the Processor appears as a 2.4 Intel Celeron. However, the original processor was a 2.4 Pentium 4. What I need to know is the best was to get the specification of the parts they have replaced i.e.: is there a utility I can run to try and determine if it has been effectively downgraded and if so, whether they can do this (I would presume they should replace it with the same parts or higher specification but am not sure). Thanks.

Border Collie 18:17 25 May 05

click here and download Everest Home edition. You'll get the full specs.

Joe R 18:18 25 May 05

Jaffa13377,

Download the home edition from here, and it will tell you what you need to know. click here

Jaffa13377 18:22 25 May 05

Thanks, I will give it a go and come back...will take a while as currently only have dial up (at 28.8 - painful!) so may take a while!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…