Subordinates in PowerPoint 2010

Neill 16:02 PM 20 Oct 11

How can I move a subordinate from one manager to another manager. The new manager is a co-worker of the current manager. PowerPoint 2003 allowed a simple click and drag onto the new manager but 2010 doesn't. Cut and paste onto the new manager puts the subordinate as a co-worker of the new manager. Neill

Woolwell 16:14 PM 20 Oct 11

Are you using the text pane?

Neill 18:26 PM 20 Oct 11

I did try the text pane but that didn't work either. It appeared you couldn't click and drag that anyway.

I was trying to click and drag the subordinate on top of the new manager as you would in PowerPoint 2003 but it simply moved the box. One book I found on the net said cut and paste but that just "promotes" the subordinate.

Woolwell 22:27 PM 20 Oct 11

I don't use it much but in the 2007 version. In the text pane you can create a hierarchy and then cut and paste within.

Neill 13:10 PM 24 Oct 11

Create then cut and paste. That's the only way I've found to do it. Seems to have made a straight forward click and drag job harder. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November