Submitting to Search Engines

sc00ter 11:32 10 Dec 03

Hi,
I currently look after a website for my brother and am looking to find the best way of publicising his website URL. I understand there are people loking to make money out of this, but have already dismissed the idea of paying a 2nd party if there is some other way. I also understand there are free submission sites, which from what I've seen, tend to be a bit tedious and long winded. ALternatively, does anyone know of a good software application which can do this for me? (i.e. submit to 1000 or so search engines at the click of a button). This need'nt be free, just so long as it delivers value for money.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Sc00ter

The GnoMe 14:07 10 Dec 03

click here

from what i have learnt that these programs that submitt to lots of search engines at the click of a button are useless and not worth a carrot

your best bet is to manually submitt your pages

The GnoMe 14:03 11 Dec 03

did this help??????

are you there??????

sc00ter 23:14 11 Dec 03

Thanks GnoMe .. Some useful stuff here, which I'm busy browsing ..

Regards
Sc00ter

pastelraven 17:23 12 Dec 03

Thank you GnoME.
It helped me, I was unsure how to do this as well, your link proved most useful

Pastelraven

anchor 19:46 12 Dec 03

Without doubt, Google is the number one search engine. You can submit free here:

click here

Sheila-214876 17:21 14 Dec 03

Like my response to this thread click here don't bother. My site was found by most search engines within a fortnight.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:25 14 Dec 03

but it seems to appear in most of them, getting higher as the hits increase.

Good luck, Whiz...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009