submenu of start menu Lost programs 98SE

irvin 14:20 31 Oct 04

As an absolute novice I have lost a lot of programs from the submenu of the start menu programs. Unortunately I emptied the recycle bin and so they are lost for ever can anyone help me to replace programs to the above start menu list?
please bear in mind I am not familier yet with technical terms. Thanks for any help.
Irv.

buscrew 15:28 31 Oct 04

I'm thinking this may work. Can someone confirm this please. It's a long time since I used W98SE.

Create a Start up floppy disk, boot from it and at the prompt type "scanreg restore" without the qoutes. You will be presented with I think, 5 dates to which you can restore your registery, choose one, apply it and reboot.

VoG II 15:35 31 Oct 04

You shouldn't need a startup disk. Start, Shutdown and pick the option to restart in MS-DOS mode.

Then at the > prompt type

scanreg /restore

exactly as written and press the Enter key.

I'm not sure if this will restore your menu but it is worth a go.

irvin 13:29 01 Nov 04

I have tried the scanreg/restore it only allows me to go back to 29/10/04. I think I created the problem by mistake about a week earlier?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…