submenu of start menu Lost programs 98SE

irvin 14:20 31 Oct 04

As an absolute novice I have lost a lot of programs from the submenu of the start menu programs. Unortunately I emptied the recycle bin and so they are lost for ever can anyone help me to replace programs to the above start menu list?
please bear in mind I am not familier yet with technical terms. Thanks for any help.
Irv.

buscrew 15:28 31 Oct 04

I'm thinking this may work. Can someone confirm this please. It's a long time since I used W98SE.

Create a Start up floppy disk, boot from it and at the prompt type "scanreg restore" without the qoutes. You will be presented with I think, 5 dates to which you can restore your registery, choose one, apply it and reboot.

VoG II 15:35 31 Oct 04

You shouldn't need a startup disk. Start, Shutdown and pick the option to restart in MS-DOS mode.

Then at the > prompt type

scanreg /restore

exactly as written and press the Enter key.

I'm not sure if this will restore your menu but it is worth a go.

irvin 13:29 01 Nov 04

I have tried the scanreg/restore it only allows me to go back to 29/10/04. I think I created the problem by mistake about a week earlier?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…