Subheading within an e-mail won`t open

I run Win XP Home,Outlook Express and IE8.I can receive and open e-mails in the normal manner but if I have to click a subheading within the opened e-mail I see a quick window for about half a second and then it disappears so am unable to read/download the contents.This happens with all my e-mails so assume it must be a setting which is causing it but what the setting is I haven`t a clue.Any suggestions will be much appreciated

johndrew 13:46 22 Dec 10

Two things come to mind:

1. Do you know who the e-mails are from? Are they a trusted source? If it is spam the subheading could be malicious and your anti-malware protection is working.

2. If you have confidence in the source then are you viewing in HTML or plain text? Plain text is good for protection but restricts a lot of operations associated with e-mails.

Ypou could also have a look at this click here

Sea Urchin 14:06 22 Dec 10

If by subheadings you mean links within the body of the email then go into Internet Explorer - Tools menu - Internet Options - Programs tab and make sure Internet Explorer is your default browser. Click Apply and OK.

johndrew
The e-mails are from a trusted source eg Microsoft.I can`t even open your `click here`.Which is the best way for e-mails HTML or plain text.I am using plain text but how do I change to HTML? This issue is so frustrating.
Sea Urchin
By subheadings I do mean links - sorry! Internet Explorer is my default browser.

johndrew 11:26 23 Dec 10

It sounds very much as if the settings in OE are incorrect. It could also still be your security software or even the security settings you have applied.

To view in HTML click 'View' and scroll down to 'View message in HTML'

Have a look click here and click here and click here scroll down to '5'. This last link should cure the problem (with luck) unless it is more fundamental.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5