Sub 7

Brock100 19:40 06 Oct 03

I need help with getting rid of the sub7 trojan
trojan remover told me I had it but didn't get rid of it Iv'e done a search on google and printed off instructions to get rid of it but they all start by saying type regedit in the run box but it wont let me open regedit or anything else for that matter. any help would be appriciated. sorry to be long winded but its driveing me mad!!!!!! ps. opp sys xp sp2

Eagie 19:50 06 Oct 03

The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.

Update the virus definitions.
Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Backdoor.Subseven.215.a.
Delete the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SubSeven

VoG II 20:10 06 Oct 03

Are you sure you don't have some other nasties on board such as click here

Try running Stinger click here

VoG II 20:18 06 Oct 03

If you do have swen there is a removal tool click here

Brock100 06:56 07 Oct 03

Thanks guys but I cannot run any thing when I click on any thing windows box appeares and tells me that it cannot find the .exe

Jester2K II 07:46 07 Oct 03

click here

Use these two files to fix the registry. The virus has been removed but the registry info is left behind. These two files should sort the errors out.

If it doesn't post back but you MUST include the error messages EXACTLY as they appear, otherwise we can't tell what we are dealing with.

Then get Anti Virus click here AVG 6 Free Edition - Free for personall use.

Brock100 13:46 07 Oct 03

Thanks Jester that seems to have done the trick.
Your little prog is brilliant.
how do I know that it has gone. I am running Trojan Hunter (trial) Is that enough.
ps I have AGV but it missed it.

thanks for all posts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…