Stuttering Trackball

doveys 14:19 26 Sep 06

Folks, any help in tracking down & curing the following would be gratefully appreciated.

I've recently upgraded to a dual-core system. Re-installed all my usual software (XP Pro, Office, Photoshop), hardware, etc. and all has been working swimmingly. Until about a week ago,that is, when for no reason, the trackball pointer will stutter across the screen when the processor is active.

The pc has been fully scanned for viruses, malware, etc. Nothing found. There has been no new hardware installed. There are no conflicting IRQ's. The system has also slowed down in its' response to executing software, ie. Word, Excel, etc. and it's now taking anything upto 90 seconds to boot.

Anyone got any suggests? Does anyone know of any software that can report on what is using processor time, etc. I may be able to track down the culprit that way.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I'm starting to go stark, staring mad with frustration!!!

ArrGee 15:52 26 Sep 06

Try running this to start with
click here
Also have a look at your services and startup panels in msconfig (Start - Run - and type in msconfig)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac