stupid startup password

khareji 10:45 21 May 04

Can you tell me how to get rid of the password reminder when i start my comp? The message says "Enter your network password for Microsoft Networking". There is no password, so i cannot figure why it keeps coming up.

P.S thank you so much for the previous advise.

Smegs 11:03 21 May 04

Could do with some more Info. Like OS.

khareji 11:13 21 May 04

Not sure what os is, sorry. My comp is win98 if that's any help.

Joanne_1 11:19 21 May 04

Have you recently installed a network card or setup a home network (the microsoft thing is a client), the password is to enable you to log on to the network, if you put in a password it will remember it for next time, otherwise just click ok to log on.

Smegs 11:23 21 May 04

Os=Operating System. Bear with me on this, I'm running Xp. In control panel, somewhere in there on 98, there could be a password Icon. In xp, it's under the Network Connections Icon. Open this Icon, Highlight the Modem that you use as default, right click the mouse, goto properties, another window opens, goto the options tab, Untick the INCLUDE WINDOWS LOGON DOMAIN. If these are the wrong instructions, someone will let you know. Sorry I can't help you more with W98, it's been over 2yrs since I was on that. Ps. Have you tried that link I gave you to you other thread?

ste_bla 11:55 21 May 04

On windows 98 if you have a network that box has to come up otherwise the network cant connect you dont in XP as it is already domain/user based..
i got mine to disappear by accident and then comps didnt see each other..

If you dont have a network then once you log onto windows right click my computer, properties, hardwareprofile go down the list and open your network card and select it to disable

Also it should speed up your bootup time if you dont need it well atleast it did with me 2mins down to 45 secs but then that might just be my dodgy computer!!

mezzanine 14:12 21 May 04

shoddy advice.

go in to network properties and where you see tcp/ip, ms client, etc, simply remove windows logon reboot and i think you'll find it's gone. simple as! network is irrelavent as networking is built into windows.

J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…