Studio 9 Plus Crash

Colonelkaye 10:09 19 Jul 05

Hi,
I am running studio 9 plus on win xp. Basically I have had nothing but damn trouble with this package and although Pinnacle release patches it never seems to get better.
I am currently trying to burn a project using 3 menus for 3 3 different holidays.
The program renders the whole project fine and then starts the "make disc" bit and then "encounters a problem and shuts down"
Is there another program out there with super DVD menus and transitions or can somoene tell me if this is a fixable issue?

Philwane 10:30 19 Jul 05

I used to use Pinnacle 9 and had nothing but trouble with it, you could go to the Pinnacle forum click here# and see what others have tried to solve the problem?

As for me I ditched Pinnacle and got myself Adobe Premiere Elements It does all that Pinnacle can do, it is as stable as a rock and is much easier to use I.M.O. its the best video editing software available

fazer 13:00 19 Jul 05

Colonelkaye

Philwane is correct in stating that Pinnacle is problematic - its reputation is notorious.

However, I've used it for some time now and I think the "tricks" to use are:

when installing it, make sure that there is the absolute minium amount of background processes going on but more importantly, when using it, again make sure that only the very necessary background proceeses are running. I for example ensure that I'm not connected to the internet so that I can disable both my firewall and antivirus software - it seems to make a difference in my version (9).

Colonelkaye 22:37 19 Jul 05

After a bit of changing - I appear to have narrowed it down to the "motion" DVD menus supplied with the package.
I have now successfully rendered but it is now crashing on the burn cycle and has just wasted two 8.5gb discs!!

Thanks for the advice on elements - does it allow real time playback like 9.0?

Philwane 07:16 20 Jul 05

Yes

Philwane 07:41 20 Jul 05

You can download a trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos