student laptop help

lonemascot 15:55 09 Sep 07

i'm looking for a lappy to take to uni.

i have around £500 to spend. I don't have any particular requirements, just needs to be an all rounder.

is this any good for the money click here

cheers

wee eddie 18:01 09 Sep 07

They may know of any particular requirements of the Uni's own Network. Also of any local offers.

skidzy 20:28 09 Sep 07

Plenty of options out there,but would advise if going for a Vista machine...look for something that has 2GB of ram.

I take it no gaming intended ?

I guess you require the machine for just basic internet and email and MS works with a dvd writer is wanted for your needs.

If so,have a look at Dell.You will normally get free delivery included with good sales and after sales service.

Though do your research first as you can haggle with Dell a wee bit.
Find the machine you like,then compare this with others they offer and then ring the sales team and try to save a bit of money.

Just an idea click here

v1asco 20:47 09 Sep 07

from Staples. If the offer is still on.

My son is happy with his. I don't think it is particularly high spec but adequate for most needs. Perhaps the more experienced can comment?

Here's the link to Hp click here

also, don't forget to take out the staples award card for a few free points.

Bugle

davidprc 22:12 09 Sep 07

Have a look here.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…