SANAP 16:05 11 Dec 05

I ammtrying to do a reapair install with XP pro but now stuck at 39 mins left to install, it keeps asking for extra files eg NT5INF.CAT and I cant either find it or specify the correct path.

howard63 16:16 11 Dec 05

have you tried pulling the plug and switching back on. With luck it will go through the install again correctly. A further thought take your cd out and clean it. The symptoms described could indicate that the drive cannot read the cd properly.

SANAP 17:22 11 Dec 05

Thanks, I was rushing when I 1st posted!! What I mean is when I go through the set up routine it ends up back at copy files. I will do as you suggest and pull the plug out etc. I have switched off but not took plug out, I have cleaned the disc, this bit about asking for files is known but no fix or at least I have not found it.

howard63 21:12 12 Dec 05

if you can start up using a floppy with cd support and you have a second drive or partition you could copy the cd to it and then run the setup from there.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:21 12 Dec 05

Fourth thread on same subject click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…