Stuck w/Windows Product Activation or Safe mode!

Wrangler 04:37 16 Jan 07

Have 4yrold emachine#T2824. 40gbHD went out. Purchsd New OEM & Instlld w/staticstrap. Clean Boot&Install w/restore dvd. Upon restart get window states"Windows Product Activation" This copy of Windows muct be activated with Microsoft before you can log on. Do you want to activate Windows now?
If press YES it goes full scrn "Windows Activating..." and no more(even w/dsl connect). If press NO I chase my tail again. Won't let me do clean install again. But I can get into Safe Mode via F8. Whew! I sure hope someone will share the fix for this one I'm stumped. Thanks, Wrangler

Mr Mistoffelees 07:13 16 Jan 07

Is it possible for you take the option to activate over the phone? If you can it does not take long and the phone number is an 0800 one.

Mr Mistoffelees 07:15 16 Jan 07
  Wrangler 20:36 19 Jan 07

Microsoft wants to pass the buck to emachines on getting this worked out. I was thinking there has to be a way to change some setting in SAFE MODE to allow this activation to continue, or remove this part and allow me to get past it and log on!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…