Stuck Keyboard Key

noknok 08:18 07 Jul 06

My Sony PCG-FR315S Laptop keyboards number 5 key is contacting permanently. Mechanically it seems to be working O.K. but when I boot up the computer alarm sounds, then it boots as normal. When I try to type a number five it doesn't work. All other keys are working as normal. Can anybody help please to solve this problem?

johnnyrocker 09:16 07 Jul 06

sounds like there may have been a spillage or such and the contacts are shorted underneath the key, suggest finding a way of cleaning the contacts with a proprietary cleaning substance from pc world or such.

johnny.

noknok 09:51 07 Jul 06

I haven't to the best of my knowledge spilled anything on the keyboard, I have removed number 5 key pad, and the mechanism seems to be clean, and the spring part returns as expected.
Thanks anyway johnnyrocker.

Justbeginning 21:41 15 Jan 07

Hi noknok. I noticed you're thread regarding the Keyboard. I too have the same prob with other keys. How did you open the case to get the keyboard out. I have been trying for weeks now and can't get the casing off. Could you help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…