stuck email

Jaynedoe 08:43 05 Sep 07

Morning Guys. I have a corrupt stuck email in the outbox in outlook express so whenever I open OE it just sits there doing nothing for hours because it is trying to send this corrupt message. The ISP is blueyonder/virgin. The computer and web works fine otherwise and I can access emails via webmail ok. Virgin helpdesk cant help as they say it is down to a software problem. So does anyone know how I can get rid of this email please? Op sys is winxp.

Webmail does not show an outbox so I cant delete mail there. As its trying to send from my computer the file must be on my computer somewher. I have found OE in the program files but dont know which one to delete. Anyone have any ideas please? Jane.

Jaynedoe 09:31 05 Sep 07

Hi Marge. Thats the first thing I tried to do but whether or not Im connected I dont get an error message I just get an icon of a message either being sent or loaded. Thanks for reply

johnnyrocker 09:41 05 Sep 07

how about trying in safe mode? ie tapping F8 during boot up.

johnny.

Jaynedoe 09:51 05 Sep 07

Hi John. I have tried in safe mode but later on today I will try Marg7s suggestion as I never thought of that

mfletch 11:06 05 Sep 07

Hi, You have a damaged outbox folder do this to delete the folder and to create a new one,

You can create a new Outbox folder using the following steps:
1. Exit Outlook Express.
2. Search your hard drive for Outbox.dbx and delete this file.
3. Restart Outlook Express. A new empty outbox folder is created automatically.

mfletch

Jaynedoe 20:10 05 Sep 07

Hi again Marg7 tried your suggestion but no joy I think the outbox must be corrupted rather than it being a stuck mail but many thanks for your input.

mfletch. I tried your suggestion and it worked like a charm. Thanks very much.
Jayne.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…