stuck on 16colours mode

patrickwheal 23:32 19 Mar 04

my computer is displaying all graphics pages & pictures in 16 colours! i've gone to display settings & tried to adjust it to 16 bit colour but when i click apply & it restarts it stays on 16 colours. ive also tried it on 256 colours as a last resort but that didnt work either. can someone please help me with this, thanks , Pat

Demora 23:46 19 Mar 04

What Grafic gard do you have and do you have the driver loaded for this.

You may find that right clicking on the desktop in a blank area brings up a menu. go to properties and click on adapter may just lead you to troubleshooting the problem.

Without more info on the card I can't help more.

Demora

steve12345 01:12 20 Mar 04

Also go to properties and see what MONITOR it is set to.

Spook Tooth 02:37 20 Mar 04

Sounds like graphics card driver trouble.

Try uninstalling your graphics card drivers first and then reinstalling them.

In the event your current drivers are corrupted, you can go to either Nvidia click here or ATI click here, on the basis of which particular gfx card you own, and download the latest drivers.

Go to ADD/REMOVE programs and select either Nvidia or ATI from the list and uninstall or from Display Properties/advanced/adapter if you prefer. Reboot into SAFE mode, select downloaded driver package and click to install. Hopefully, with another reboot, your graphics problem should clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…