stuck in 16 color display.

marineX 12:51 02 Jul 04

I have amd athlon running windows 98
Upon booting up computer, it is stuck with 16 color display. When I attempt to change it and reboot it comes back the same way. Along with this problem I also was not able to access internet. I am networked with D-link and it it the third computer on my network.
Thank you for any help.

sil_ver 12:57 02 Jul 04

Regarding the display, you may need to re-install your graphics driver

Scillonia 14:05 02 Jul 04

If above fails have you changed anything or installed new software, some games adjust resolution etc

marineX 14:50 02 Jul 04

I reinstalled the driver but the display still stays in 16 when i change it to 16 bi hi color it requires me to restart and when I do it reboots back the same way without making the change.
I looked at display in control panel and it says drivers are there and working properly.

Agent Smith 14:55 02 Jul 04

Try re-installing the Mother Board drivers it may be that the AGP port isn't being seen. Oh and to Scillonia I haven't be back there for about 8 years, used to go there 3 or 4 times a year and loved every minute. Sorry nostalgia crept in there.

marineX 18:43 02 Jul 04

I did install the motherboard drivers, and that is where the vga drivers are which include the display. Still wont recognize the display.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:06 02 Jul 04

What mother board? on board graphics? checkk the MOBO web site for updated drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…