Stubborn Programs

lester1 00:06 23 Jan 05

My computer came pre-loaded with software, one of the programs loaded was Works 2000. Despite my best efforts I have been unable to completely uninstall this.

Also I loaded Greensheet and like the above have been unable to completely eradicate all traces of both.

Both are listed in Add/Remove programs but when selected the message unable to continue appears.

hugh-265156 00:25 23 Jan 05

try this

right click your start button and click explore then navigate to your 'all programs folder' delete any folders left behind here by the software you wish to remove. next make a system restore point to be safe or back up your registry as follows.

click 'start/run' and type 'regedit' then click ok then click on 'my computer' (top left) and click 'file/export' and save the back up somewhere handy like your desktop you can then boot into safe mode and click on this to restore if things go wrong.

back to the registry again click 'HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall' and click on the '+' to expand it. delete any entries here for works suite or others that fail to uninstall via add remove. be careful only to delete those entries that are causing the problem.

restart your computer and it should be gone from add remove programs now.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 00:30 23 Jan 05

Also click here may help if above does not solve.

Cook2 00:34 23 Jan 05

click here for a free 30 day trial.

It has uninstall facility, which may help with your problem. I've used it and my PC has certainly speeded up.

lester1 23:24 23 Jan 05

Cook2 tried the Ace program it saw Greensheet but would not uninstal

JaßîsFaß ˜

Already tried the Microsoft uninstaller no go.

huggyg71

Should have said I am running 98SE so no restore points and I'm not that keen on mucking around with the registry

Thanks for your help any more offers?

hugh-265156 23:35 23 Jan 05

if you back up the reg first using 'file/export' and are careful about what you delete there is not much can go wrong.

lester1 23:25 24 Jan 05

huggyg71

Against my better judgement I had a go, no entries for either Works or Greenstreet

hugh-265156 23:45 24 Jan 05

sorry about the quality of the pics here but this may help you. sometimes the listing is not the easiest to spot and although i have an entry for works2002 for example that looks like this click here there is also one that is complete gibberish click here

i did not go all the way through my reg add remove list but if there were theese two keys both need to be deleted. it may take a bit of digging around this long list to find all the entries.

lester1 23:50 24 Jan 05

Thanks huggyg71 I will have look tomorow bit tired now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017