struggling to uninstall XP Pro need modem driver

User-324448 13:41 28 Dec 04

Hello Im back again. this time I need to learn how to uninstall XP Pro so that I can re install Win 98
Also when XP Pro was installed it removed the moden driver and I do not have one, its a Rockwell Chip RCVDL 56ACF/SP I have searched the web but must be doing something wrong as I cannot find an easy download (onto a Floppy) Thanks Prof.

User-324448 13:48 28 Dec 04

I failed to search these archives first re the uninstall and found Betty Boo needed help for all the reasons I do, Thanks Djohn this only leaves the modem driver, (I hope) Prof.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:55 28 Dec 04
  User-324448 14:43 28 Dec 04

Been looking at the first one all B morning, it might as well be in Latin, 2nd one didnt show up

bremner 14:51 28 Dec 04

click here

first section 2nd from bottom

jack 15:14 28 Dec 04

If you only need internet connection
No fancy fax bells and whistles
Let XP load a generic one to suit from its own library, there is something there to suit virtually
all dial up modems

User-324448 15:50 28 Dec 04

Remrmber I cannot get online so is it within the windows XP somewhere ? or on the CD, Oh goodness my brain hurts.

Irishman 18:43 28 Dec 04

Control Panel-System-Hardware-Device Manager-double click on your modem (it may have a yellow exclamation mark on it)-Drivers-Update Driver and see what happens. Windows might find a basic driver for it as Jack says.

Irishman 18:58 28 Dec 04

And if that doesn't work pop down to your local computer shop and but the cheapest one you can see that clearly says "Works with XP" Changing the modem will be a thousand times easier than formatting and reinstalling 98.

Irishman 19:06 28 Dec 04

click here Try one of these, you may well find that the driver does not have to be exact to work. Don't know if they'll fit on a floppy though.

Strawballs 21:39 28 Dec 04

If that number is meant to be (56HCF) instead of ACF then try here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…