Strip out audio on camcorder movie

Graham. 20:12 25 Jul 09

I've borrowed a JVC HDD camcorder, and would like the movies I shoot to be silent when played back on PC or TV.

I can't see a way to turn the mike off, and Windows Movie Maker doesn't seem to have the facility to mute the sound embedded in the movie.

There has to be a way ...

Technotiger 21:15 25 Jul 09

Why not just turn down the Sound to zero on the PC or TV when viewing the video!

rdave13 21:16 25 Jul 09

This help? click here

Bagsey 22:43 25 Jul 09

I dont know that camera however usually video cameras have a facility to use an external mike. If this is the case with yours it is usual that using an external mike causes the built in mike to be turned off to prevent fead back. You should be able to put plug into the external mike socket but have no external mike connected. Doing this will give you silent videos. I Hope it works for you, it does for me.
Doing this saves a lot of hassle and expense of looking for an editing program that separates the sound track from the video track.

BRYNIT 23:50 25 Jul 09

Took a while but after a little looking at Windows Movie maker to remove/mute sound.

When you have draged the video to the time line look to the left you should see the word Video, to the right a small + sign click on this and you should see the Audio line below the vidio line. Right click on the audio line and sellect mute this will remove the sound hopefully.

Graham. 23:56 25 Jul 09

Thanks, I will try that first thing.

Quiet Life 10:16 26 Jul 09

What I do is click on the levels of audio button a small button to the left of the small mic. and when the levels window comes up move the slider to the extreme right and the sound in the video will not play. This is what Graham has said above.

Graham. 10:19 26 Jul 09

Thanks, both suggestions work. Terrific.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced