Stress test PC.

gengiscant 10:06 05 Dec 09

I have been having so much bother with New build an Windows 7.
I far as I can test individual components all seems well, as for Windows7 thats another story.

So far have installed it 3 times, first time I made mistakes,second time I assumed it was one of the 5 pieces of software or camera etc.
So on the third time, after reinstall and each time I installed a camera, printer etc I restarted the machine. I have installed very little software, but have installed some games,again restarting after each install.
When I finally switched it off last night all was well.

This morning 0630 switched on BSOD and another and another,never the same error code, did a bit of goggling, ran memtest on each of my 2x 2Gg memory sticks no errors found.
Tried to run memtest with both modules installed, PC just rebooted and now I have the desktop back and all seems fine, but strange it would not test with both modules on board, possible mobo fault?

Reason for post I want to stress this PC test all main components as hard as I can.
Is there any software out there,free would be good.

Specs.
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
4GB G.Skill RipJaws 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit
550W OCZ Fatal1ty Modular Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L Mobo
1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD
BX80605I5750 - Intel Core i5 750, S 1156, Lynnfield, Quad Core
Xigmatek Midgard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Quiet Intel CPU Cooler

howard64 11:27 05 Dec 09

if you get further problems would it be possible for you to reformat the hdd and install a different os. This would at least tell you if the system is at fault or if it just does not like w7. Back in the old days I had a pc which would not run on xp but was more than happy on ME although very well specified for xp.

retep888 11:59 05 Dec 09

Torture test Prime 95 ,normally it's for overclocking test but if you want to stress test your PC, it should do the work too click here

System stability tester click here

I have a feeling your problem is RAM related, which slots did you put them in? If you put them in the blue then switch them to the white slots and try again.

gengiscant 12:21 05 Dec 09

So far this morning since the initial BSOD's it has run very well. I have installed some software and restarted the pc 3 times.
Perhaps the memory was not seated correctly, but I am going to try the memtest again with both modules placed,see if it runs.
Then try your suggestions retep88.

gengiscant 13:43 05 Dec 09

Figured out the memtest problem Version 3.5 has problems with 4 Gg so downloaded and testing with 3.4.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now