Street Sign Font

Gary Wood 00:05 19 Jan 05

Can anyone tell me what font is used in the streetsign in the following picture: click here ?

I need to draw some street signs and thus require the appropriate font.

Thanks

Gary

ACOLYTE 00:06 19 Jan 05

Looks like Ariel bold but not sure.

Gary Wood 00:16 19 Jan 05

It's not Arial bold. I've tried all the standard fonts on my system and none of them is the same.

Gary Wood 00:17 19 Jan 05

that I've found to check other fonts against this and see if they're similar is the "stick" beneath the curve of the R. In the font I need it's straight, rather than curved as it is in most fonts.

joesoaps 00:32 19 Jan 05

That it's ANTIGONI

Cook2 00:33 19 Jan 05

ANTIGONI is the nearest I can find.

Cook2 00:38 19 Jan 05

Or Tahoma or Verdana maybe.

Starfox 00:40 19 Jan 05

In fact its Berlin Sans FB (check the R )

Gary Wood 00:43 19 Jan 05

Thanks for your replies.

Antigoni is on the right lines, but not exactly right.

Berlin Sans FB is on the right track with the R but the S is not as rounded as the sample font.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Kate B 01:14 19 Jan 05

Well, it's a classic font rather than something newer, having had a good look I think it's either Geneva Bold or perhaps News Graphic NT - also bold. Though I think the street sign is kerned a bit tighter than those fonts are on this Mac.

I think the latter is the best candidate. Try squeezing it a bit if you're after that spacing.

Djohn 02:30 19 Jan 05

Agree with Kate B, Try using the font in wordart from "Word" and adjusting all letters to the same height from Format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…