I'm currently running:

AVG Antivirus
AVG Antispyware
AVG Antirootkit
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D
Winpatrol
ZA Firewall

I'm thinkng about slimming things down a bit, and wondered what people might consider expendable...?

Personally, I'm not convinced I need Winpatrol and 3 antispyware progs...?

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:45 17 May 07

AVG AV, Spyware Terminator, spybot and ZA. You will need more common sense than programmes.

G

al7478 13:47 17 May 07

Thanks Gandalf!

birdface 13:49 17 May 07

Add Spywareblaster +McAfee Site Advisor,I dont know about the AntiRootkit or Ad-Aware.Maybe get rid of those two and add A Squared instead,

birdface 13:56 17 May 07

Gandalf!gives a good selection,But I would feel a bit more comfortable,with SpywareBaster. WinPatrol,+McAfee Site Advisor added.

al7478 14:01 17 May 07

Thanks buteman.

Some readers may remember i had some blue screen problems a short while ago. I removed windows defender and spywareblaster, on account that they may be hogging resources on startup (and i had downloaded spaywareblaster recently at the time, and it makes sense to wonder if recent additions are causing problems). So i think ill steer clear of spywareblaster just in case. The BSODs did stop after i got rid of those progs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:11 17 May 07

SPywareBlaster will not be the caus of your problems as it does not even RUN in the background.

All it does it block potential dab sites.

Run it update it enable all protection and close it.

al7478 14:55 17 May 07

Thanks Fruitbat and all!

Im also considering getting rid of iobit defrag. I'm not sure defrag is necassary for me at all, and it has never gone beyond "good" hard disk optimization. It isnt a security application i know, but thought id mention it.

al7478 15:17 17 May 07

Winpatrol seems to object to being removed anyway.

al7478 16:04 17 May 07

Many thanks all! Resolved and ticked!

skidzy 16:15 17 May 07

As been said before...common sense is the best program.

However,i would keep Winpatrol.
To me this is an essential little program for my systems,monitoring all changes to your startup etc and does so much more.

I would not be without my little Scotty :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…