Streamline.net - has anyone used them

Claremarianne 11:30 01 Nov 07

I'm looking for a web hosting package for a small social club, and have been recommended Streamline.net. Has anyone used them? I've looked at their website, and it looks as if, with their "Home" package, your details aren't automatically submitted to search engines. But apart from that they look fine and reasonably priced. Any advice welcome please !

the kopite 17:23 03 Nov 07

Hi I haved my previous site and my new site hosted by streamline net I find they are very good and customer support is very fast and informative.

WebBarbie 20:33 03 Nov 07

I have 4 sites hosted by them for myself and friends. I think they're fantastic value for money. They're all the Home User package and one of my sites is getting pretty large now.

If you pay £10 for a domain name and have a free trial site, they knock the £10 off the price when you take on a package, Good eh?

Customer service has always been very speedy, though I sometimes find they just reiterate what's on the site - which I've read and obviously I'm not able to understand - I'm not very experienced. I get there in the end but wish they could come down to my level a bit on this front!

TomLinny 15:03 05 Nov 07

I use them for some smaller sites. They are actually fasthosts resellers. So thats why they can host for cheap. The very basic "home package" hosting comes with php, asp already enabled at no extra cost. So they are good value.

Ant two 22:46 05 Nov 07

I've used them for just over a year and have found them good value, quick to answer questions and possibly most important, reliable. I have not suffered any down time. I have the unlimited package.

Claremarianne 08:33 06 Nov 07

Thank you all for your advice. We're about to start up our Website using Streamline, starting with their Home package. I'm on a very steep learning curve here, so hope it's not difficult!

Blackjaguar 18:40 28 Nov 07

Streamline.net are discrimintary about those they rather want to do business with.I think you should take your business elsewhere.

CodeMeister 13:14 17 Feb 08

Heart Internet in Nottingham offer free web hosting (click here) for details and also a domain privacy service (click here for details) so that your contact details won't be submitted to the WhoIs database.

BasherBates 21:24 18 Feb 08

There's no phone help and if you'd rather speak to someone if you have a problem that needs resolving, email isn't the best way of trying to do that - believe me, |'ve been trying to get something to work for months which via a different host on another site works beautifully, but on Streamline it doesn't work at all and their support is as useless as hen's teeth

beynac 08:59 19 Feb 08

I only have limited experience of Streamline but found their support to be quick and helpful (using the ticket system). I set up a website for my osteopath, whose domain (.com) was registered with them. I cannot comment regarding the.uk domains, but he is the legal registrant for his .com domain.

The only problem I had with the website was that Streamline had the error-reporting level in PHP set higher than my server and I had to make an adjustment in the code.

jackal16 17:55 20 Feb 08

110mb.com, its free + no adds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac