Streamline.net

coolteentom 20:36 11 Apr 06

Hi,

I am 1 of 3 students that is starting a local website design business. We were thinking of using Streamline.net's Power Packages to use as the hosting providers for the websites we have designed, due to the features and reasonable prices.

I have been doing a bit of research on this company, and at first online reviews seemed to praise the company. But I have just come across a forum that has particularly bad references to the company. click here

I am just wondering if anyone here has any experience of this company, or if there is another hosting provider that anyone can recommend for around the same price?

Many Thanks,

Tom

ade.h 18:24 12 Apr 06

I have one site with Streamline, and there are two others that I have helped to develop that are hosted with Streamline. Nothing wrong as far as I can tell, but as you can appreciate, one or two bad experiences can sour the opinions of the majority. There is no phone support unfortunately (which is quite common now) but the email support seems to be very good.

jgosden 19:24 12 Apr 06

I used to use them found they were ok however there servers to me seem a little overloaded and a bit slow. I stopped using them when i got my own server which is much more fun :-)., For what you want it will most likely be fine, I could also recommend click here which is the hosting company I operate if it is of interest to you

CaptCluster 11:04 08 Nov 09

Be careful of Streamline.net and read the small print. To begin with I thought they were a good company but they seem operate an obscure contract of automatic renewal every two years which ties you up for an additional two years with no refund and they have been awkward and uncooperative in a dispute. They can only be contacted using a 0845 number during my dispute as they instantly shut down the internet access to my account controls when I blocked the automated renewal payment. They are not even very good value for money as I am now with another company click here for a fraction of the cost on a 30 day only contract.
This new host even provides a free hosting service for basic web sites.
I recommend that anyone using there service, should they wish to cancel in the future, should give notice of cancellation well before their renewal date if they wish to avoid similar experiences to myself.

Barti the Thatcher
barti.co.uk

adamnieman 12:57 20 Jan 10

Two weeks ago I discovered that I couldn't update my site. Streamline's 'fix' involved taking down the site and removing my e-mail account. The fix didn't work and I have had no website and no e-mail since.

They also re-registered the domain when I asked them to unlock it, which means I'm stuck with them for 60 days.

Trying to deal with Streamline has been the most frustrating experience I've had with any company ever. The way this company behaves is venal and cynical. They treat loyal customers with utter contempt. Run away!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…