Streaming video & clicking noises in Realplayer

CurlyWhirly 18:22 22 Aug 04

I have a Creative Audigy sound card and even though I have updated my driver to one that is dated 23/2/2004 (from the original installation CD drivers that were dated 2002) when I go to the following website click here (that I have just discovered) and play a video using Realplayer it plays okay apart from continual clicking noises.
I even had this happen when the old driver was installed.
Any advice anyone please?
I am on 512 kbps broadband by the way so it couldn't be anything to do with streaming speed!
CW

CurlyWhirly 18:25 22 Aug 04

and not while playing games or surfing the internet for example.
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:29 22 Aug 04

Any help anyone? please
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:37 22 Aug 04

Does anyone know if there is a FREE version of Realplayer that may be more up to date than the one I am running now?
Perhaps this could be the problem.
CW

dagwoood 02:36 23 Aug 04

CurlyWhirly, they have recently released a new version of Realplayer, v10.5.

You can download it from click here

This is a free version(there's the option to upgrade to a paid for version if you wish).

One thing to be aware of with Realplayer(don't know whether your aware of this), depending on how you set your preferences, information about your system may be sent to Real.com. If you have any concerns, read their privacy policy.

Hope this solves your problem, dagwoood.

CurlyWhirly 10:35 23 Aug 04

I have downloaded the free version and everything is working okay now.
As I am with AOL broadband the RealPlayer replaced my old version of AOL media player (really RealPlayer) and the clicks have now gone.

Yes I am concerned about my Privacy but if you DON'T allow it then the download doesn't work!
It's a NO WIN situation.
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…