Streaming live TV broadcast over home network

tasslehoff burrfoot 20:39 23 Apr 05

I have today purchased a PCI TV tuner card.

My PC is situated in my bedroom, how ould I go about streaming TV from my PC to my TV downstairs via my laptop? The laptop has an s-video out socket and my DVD recorder has a socket which looks exactly the same. So I'm figuring that it will go PC>Laptop>DVD recorder>TV.

How will I do this? I knowm, with video on my hard drive, I can just browse the network, find the file double click and it will stream to my Laptop but I am unsure about live TV.

Oh, I'm pretty sure this won't breach any copyright laws we're talking about FTA and FTV channels streaming in real time, not even time slipping.

Thanks in advance

tasslehoff burrfoot 08:43 24 Apr 05

tasslehoff burrfoot 21:07 06 May 05

one last try

DieSse 22:58 06 May 05

I don't really see how you can, as live TV pictures and audio are on seperate wires, and are not data streams. And your DVD will not have a network cable input anyway.

I believe the only way to do it is to send it around as TV signals, via Video senders, for instance

DieSse 22:59 06 May 05

"And your DVD will not have a network cable input anyway." -

Not really relevant - sorry.

DieSse 23:00 06 May 05

PS - I have a video sender to send TV signals from the PC direct to the TV.

John-259217 01:50 07 May 05

Have a look at this site click here

It offers an alternative DVB viewing software which works with a variety of different cards (I`m assuming here that your card is digital not analogue), not just satellite ones.

More importantly, from your point of view, it also mentions network broadcast facilities.

I`ve had it working with both Hauppauge Nova S & T cards for viewing but I must admit I`ve not tried network streaming.

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:18 09 May 05

m73john - I'm using an analogue card, tried your link anyway but no joy.

DieSse - thanks, I was hoping not to incur an extra charges but I may have to opt for a videosender.

I have found a program called videolan which (reputedly) does what I want and is free but haven't quite figured it out - anyone know about this software?

Also I have just noticed that my version of nero has "mediahome" on it again this seems to do what I want but I can't figure that out!

Perhaps I'm a bit too dim to do this!!!

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…