Is streaming downloading?

orihuela 13:42 24 Mar 08

A couple of months ago I downloaded the program "Channel 4 on Demand", for watching TV on my PC. The options are to "Stream and watch free now" or Download and watch free later". I only ever stream and watch immediately.

My question is, while watching (streaming) am I downloading also, as I notice on my BT bill I am exceeding my download limit each month, which I have never done before.

Pine Man 13:46 24 Mar 08

You are temporarily downloading when streaming but just long enough to watch the program as it streams but afterwards nothing is left.

As far as your bill is concerned I doubt that there is any difference between downloading a program or streaming it.

tullie 13:56 24 Mar 08

It all adds to an limits you may have,as does listening to internet radio

Totally-braindead 14:04 24 Mar 08

Agree with the others. If you are exceeding your download limits then this is obviously what is causing it.

Kemistri 17:42 24 Mar 08

If you need to keep a close eye on usage, you might want to run a traffic monitor as a matter of course. click here

Forum Editor 19:07 24 Mar 08

on the internet involves a download. Each time you visit a web page your browser downloads it. The difference when you stream is that nothing is saved to your hard drive, as has already been pointed out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…