stranger in tray safely remove hardware any ideas?

grumphy 20:08 26 Mar 06

New icon in tray safely remove hardware, safely
remove USB ADSL WAN Adapter. Any clues would be
welcome. Windows Home sp2 Avast Ewido Spybot Spyware Blaster Microsoft Anti-Spyware C Cleaner.
Recently uninstalled Platinum backup.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:13 26 Mar 06

If you click on the icon, Windows will shut the device down and you can remove it safely, without causing any problems.

grumphy 20:16 26 Mar 06

Tried that just gives me the message I posted or am I doing it wrong? Thanks for reply.

User-312386 20:21 26 Mar 06

Are you connected to the internet by ADSL USB?

SG Atlantis® 20:22 26 Mar 06

What is it you want to know?

Safely remove hardware, means exactly that. You can't just pull stuff out, any removeable devices will be displayed via that icon. Memory sticks, flash cards etc etc

Totally-braindead 20:25 26 Mar 06

Its not a fault its meant to be there.

woodchip 20:28 26 Mar 06

You have to right click the icon. Not just click on it

grumphy 20:45 26 Mar 06

And woodchip tried the right click opens panel
asking if I want to remove Adapter. Its meant to be there? have not seen it before. Can I just leave it? thanks For your replies sorry for the delay System went offline had to do a restore don't know if there is a connection to me clicking on icon

Totally-braindead 20:48 26 Mar 06

Its always been on mine anyway, since the taskbar tends to hide things is it possible thats why you never noticed it?

VoG II 20:51 26 Mar 06

To hide it permanently, right click the Tasskbar, properties, Customize button, scroll down to Safely Remove Hardware, click on 'hide when inactive' and change it to 'Always hide'.

grumphy 20:53 26 Mar 06

Thanks for the advice will leave well alone

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…