strange xp pro problem?

NGE 22:44 20 Apr 04

Hi all. I have had this problem ever since i built my pc and havent figured out why this occurs. I recently formatted my harddrive and my autorun on my drives would never work before. I reinstall xp pro and then it works fine again. But after i installed a program or maybe a driver i dont know which the drives always fail to autorun, i do not even know if it is caused by a program i installed. I thought it might have been nero but it occured before i installed nero, and the last thingn i installed when this happens i think is power producer pack, which contains power dvd, and media show and of course power producer. Anyone have any experience with these programs causing these problems? Thanks for any help given.

Djohn 22:58 20 Apr 04

Sometimes it happens NGE after installing other software especially the type you mention. Usually an un-install of the drive/s from device manager then a re-boot puts things back right again.

Occasionally you can just go through the process of telling the drive to look for an updated driver, it will come back saying "Best driver already in use" but will now auto. work. j.

hugh-265156 23:26 20 Apr 04

first try right clicking the drive in my computer/properties then click the autoplay tab and select the action to perform with each type of disc as click here

if that does not work then you may need to edit the registry.click:

start/run and type regedit and click ok.

navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom

look in the right pane for "Autorun"

double click it and set the value to 1 to enable or 0 to disable.

maybe.

NGE 16:06 23 Apr 04

hi all. sorry for real late reply but emails didnt get sent when i had a new reply. I did as djohn said and uninstalled both drives. I then restarted and they were seen in my computer as cd rom drives, but the autorun worked fine on cds. I then restarted and it went back to the same problem. huggyg71, i have tried your suggestion before but autorun was already on. Any other sugegstions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…