Strange virus warning

nickyjane 15:13 24 Apr 04

Hi Guys. Have just got a email from a friend about a virus Called "jdbg.exe" which has a teddy bear icon. The virus is suppose to sit and wait for 14 days before it becomes active.It is not detected by norton or mcafee av systems. Any thoughts on the subject. Thanks

mgmcc 15:17 24 Apr 04

It is a very well known hoax. The file with the Teddy Bear icon is a de-bugging application for something that I cannot recall, but it is a valid Windows file so don't delete it.

struggle8 15:23 24 Apr 04

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I have a teddy bear in my system 23 floder AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH mayhem and panic

struggle8 15:24 24 Apr 04

Microsoft® Debugger Registrar for Java

€dstowe 15:27 24 Apr 04

Teddy is alive and well!!! I was wondering about him as he's not been around for some time.

As mgmcc says, the file is a valid Windows file and should not be deleted.

It isn't totally disastrous if teddy is deleted but, as he is supposed to be part of Windows, he's best left alone.

€d

gudgulf 15:52 24 Apr 04
  nickyjane 16:11 24 Apr 04

Thanks for the info. Have just spoken to my friend and the file has been deleted as per the hoax instructions.Has this damaged the OS " xp" and what can be done to repair the file. Thanks

gudgulf 16:23 24 Apr 04

Read through this carefully click here

Essentially you don't need to replace the file as it is very unlikely that it is needed--but there is a link with instructions on how to replace it,should you wish to.

nickyjane 16:29 24 Apr 04

GUDGULF. Thank you. nickyjane

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…