strange things

£$£$£$ 13:22 06 Jul 04

ive just had to reinstall windows xp pro. ive formatted the hard drives then cma eto reinstall windows.
Problem that windows does not reconise the SATA drives that are installed on the computer.
after a bit of digging around i realised that windows need the silicon image controller si3114r
(or somthing like that).
now that windows recognises the hard drive i can reinstall windows.
problem when i load up windows it comes syaing somthing like:
the software you are trying to install has not passed the windows logo testing so say for certain that the software is compatible with windows STOP and contact the software distrubter to carry on may make winodws unstable either now or in the future. STRANGE as it is WINDOWS xp pro genuine product not a recovery disk.
i thought this was do with the sata drivers but then the same message pops up about this.
what does this mean?
The drivers that i used i got off the Abit kv8 max3 instualation cd and transfered them over to floppy drive.
i carried on with the installation and xp is ok for the MOMENT!!!
the bios doesnt see the hard drives (is this the sata silicon image)is this normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…