strange startup screen

howard63 14:53 04 Mar 06

I have just put together a new system - AMD 64 3700 - 1GB ram - 80GB hard drive -MSI k8N Neo4 ultra - MSI PCI-E 128MB video card. My problem is that the pc starts with a screen with the word Platinum on it and the instruction to press tab to post or del to enter bios. This then sits there for several minutes and then responds to whatever key was pressed at the start. If no key is pressed it will boot again after several minutes. Does anyone know how to remove this screen and go straight to booting with the normal message press del to enter bios. Any suggestions would be appreciated. As yet I have not loaded any software other than xp pro is loading now.

Smiler 14:58 04 Mar 06

You will need to press del enter the bios and change the settings there

howard63 15:29 04 Mar 06

Smiler you are probably correct but what setting do I need to change?

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:46 04 Mar 06

Have you got quick boot enabled and logo screen disabled, this is how mine is, cannot say more as no great expert in these matters, presume you have AMIBios.

Smiler 16:44 04 Mar 06

Need to go into the bios and go to the advanced bios features screen and look for something like full screen logo display and disable this. Then look for delay ide intial or similar and disable this as well

howard63 17:54 04 Mar 06

I found that the hard drive although set as master was being treated as faulty by the motherboard. I set it to cable select and now the screen appears for a split second before the post process kicks in. Thanks to all that tried to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac