Strange startup

tes 08:44 10 Feb 11

Sometimes when I switch my pc on everthing seems to start ok ie full windows display & pointer moving when mouse moved as it should. Problem is when I click on anything nothing hapens.If I do a manual restart everything is fine. Does any one have any ideas please?

Ex plorer 09:59 10 Feb 11

You could try defragging the hard drive.
Go to Start/computer/right click C drive/ Properties/defrag. It could take an hour or more.

Or Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Defrag.

What OS are you running.

rawprawn 11:03 10 Feb 11

Manual steps to run Chkdsk at the command prompt
1. Click Start, and then Run.
2. In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
• To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/r, and then press ENTER.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
Type Y, and then press ENTER to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:10 10 Feb 11

Operating system?

woodchip 16:25 10 Feb 11

Anti-Virus may be doing a auto scan of your PC, if its only a single CPU it will stop other things working until its stopped, or it will slow things from loading

tes 16:34 10 Feb 11

operating system -windows7
athon x 4 cpu

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:00 10 Feb 11

click here

try running sfc /scannow from an elevated command propmt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…