Strange spybot message.

Meshuga 21:07 16 Jul 04

Have just tried to download new update on spybot called Detection Rules and finished up with an
exclamation mark ringed in red and under Info a message saying File rejected because of Bad Checksum. Anyone know what this jargon means please. Meshuga.

ScanJet 21:16 16 Jul 04

Try changing the mirror to one of the others, . I think this should sort it out.

SANTOS7 21:20 16 Jul 04

i think it relates to a bad or corrupt link, from your point of view its harmless i would wait a while then try to download file later

Meshuga 21:20 16 Jul 04

Sorry ScanJet, what is tis mirror you refer to. Meshuga.

dagwoood 21:46 16 Jul 04

if you go to the updates page of Spybot, click on the tab to the right of the update tab. This will show a list of other sites(mirrors)that you can download updates from.

daz.

lucky1 21:46 16 Jul 04

Click on SecurityWorks at tope of screen and select 'Australia EOA', this is the Australian mirror and it usually works much better than the others.

dagwoood 21:48 16 Jul 04

P.S. Meant to say, click on the update tab first, then click on the one next to it.

daz.

lucky1 21:49 16 Jul 04

That should be, after checking for updates, click on the SecurityWorks at the top of the screen and select EON (Australia)

Meshuga 22:12 16 Jul 04

Hi All,sorry for the delay getting back to you but spybot suddenly started blocking "Doubleclick" which prevented me opening the forums. I`ve had to uninstall and reinstall spybot. All is well again. Many thanks to all of you for your help.Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5