this is strange (R2D2) NOISES FROM H/D

MORNING ALL,I LEFT MY PC RUNNING ON WIN MX LASTNIGHT.IVE COME DOWN THISMORNING TO FIND THE MODEM SPEAKER BLURTING OUT WHAT I CAN ONLY CALL AN R2D2 LIKE 'CHIRPING' ??????????????????????

Jester2K 08:18 02 Mar 04

Is it from the PC Speaker? Random length beeps?

click here

"When the worm is run on the 2nd of March 2004 between 06:00 and 09:00, it may cause the computer to beep sporadically. "

Jester2K 08:22 02 Mar 04

Use Stinger to check and remove - click here

oh dear,it sounds serious,will a restore do it

Jester2K 08:27 02 Mar 04

No its not. Just use the Stinger program. If it is a virus then either update your own or use AVG Free Editon which is Free click here

Jester2K 08:57 02 Mar 04

Don't worry about where it came from - the source is spoofed (faked).

Get Anti Virus - AVG 6 Free Edition is free - click here - install it, update it and USE IT!

is it definatly 6 i need , or free.click here

Jester2K 09:18 02 Mar 04

AVG 6 Free Edition click here

curlylad 10:06 02 Mar 04

Hope you have successfully removed the offending item , however this is a warning to you.You say "unknown source" and then "tried to open it,then tried to save it" NEVER open emails from a source of which you know not especially if they have attachments.If it is an important document for you then you will probably recognise the name of the sender , and if you don't then simply delete 'cuz it just 'aint worth it.If it is an important document that is meant for you then it will find it's way either by letter or phone call if the sender doesn't get an acknowledgement from you via email so don't worry to much if you think you've deleted a genuine contact.

Stuartli 10:14 02 Mar 04

If you DISABLE the Outlook Express Preview Pane (should be a permanent move) you can view suspicious messages.

Providing the Preview Pane is disabled, highlight an e-mail with one click, right click and then select Properties.

You can now read the header and, by clicking on Message Source, the message itself.

Then Cancel as necessary and, if the e-mail is doubtful, whilst it is still highlighted use the Tool Bar Delete button to delete it.

It's having the Preview Pane enabled that can allow unwanted nasties to do their business - just one click on an infected e-mail can let them loose.....:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…