Strange Problem With Messenger

Whaty 16:49 08 Dec 06

Not seen the problem myself but a friend was telling me that when he trys to open Messenger, it goes straight to the taskbar. That is, it flashes open for a split second and then minimises straight onto the taskbar. From there he can do nothing with it apart from 'Close'. He's even tried uninstalling and re-installing it but with no joy...

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Terry

Technotiger 17:37 08 Dec 06

Hi, probably not much help - but I had exactly the same thing on my pc - I no longer use Messenger, preferring instead Skype, which is much better anyway, and more stable.

Cheers

Whaty 21:47 09 Dec 06

Technotiger, thanks for your reply. I'll leave this post live for another 24hrs to see if anyone is aware of a fix for it.

Thanks again,
Terry

birdface 22:14 09 Dec 06

someone else with your problem.click here

Whaty 09:35 10 Dec 06

buteman, it is similar but in my friends case the problem only applies to Messenger, and it happens immediately, as soon as you try to open the application....

It's a strange one.....

birdface 09:55 10 Dec 06

Not seen this particular problem on here, And then you get 2 in the one day,If he is still on Msn Messenger I suppose he could upgrade to Windows Messenger 8. All contacts are up-graded with it,Just to see if that makes any difference,

birdface 09:56 10 Dec 06

Not seen this particular problem on here, And then you get 2 in the one day,If he is still on Msn Messenger I suppose he could upgrade to Windows Messenger 8. All contacts are up-graded with it,Just to see if that makes any difference,

birdface 09:57 10 Dec 06

Sorry about the double up,

birdface 10:42 10 Dec 06

Not seen this particular problem on here, And then you get 2 in the one day,If he is still on Msn Messenger I suppose he could upgrade to Windows Messenger 8. All contacts are up-graded with it,Just to see if that makes any difference,He can press F5 see if that refreshes it,Or when in messenger ,Tools, Options,Connections,Press the refresh button.When on there try Advanced button, Make sure there is nothing on there,Apart from that , i have not got a clue,Dont know if Msn Has there own forum or not

birdface 10:43 10 Dec 06

Sorry about all the double ups,having a bad day,

Whaty 21:03 11 Dec 06

buteman, thanks for your help.. Spoke to the lad in question yesterday, he's tried alsorts to resolve this problem but with no joy. And it only affects Messenger?

Honestly don't know which version he's using but apparently he's even tried uninstalling/reinstalling, he's scoured the MS Knowledgebase and he's tried googling the problem..

From what he said most of these place refer to problems signing in or very specific error messages, in his case this isn't the problem. He doesn't get an error message and it would seem that he his signing in, it's just that it minimises so fast he can't do anything with it... very strange.

Thanks again,
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017