strange problem involving laptop mousepad

Daisy22 17:01 27 Sep 10

Firstly when I start the laptop up it brings up a black screen asking if I want to start with windows vista, so I enter and it loads up.

Once the normal screen comes up then I start having problems with the mousepad and the left button/right button & clicking. It seems reversed even though in control panel it says it is for right handed use, and the mousepad won't click to open anything.

Also when I want to go into control panel to try and see what is happening I get something like a flickering on the control panel menu and only after a lot of hassle does it eventually open the panel.

I've done a virus scan, nothing is showing up so I'm not sure why I am getting these problems. This has only been happening for a few days since I forgot to plug in the battery pack to recharge. The battery needs replacing I think as it doesn't work unless plugged in now, I just haven't got around to getting a new battery yet.

OS is Vista, the laptop is a HP G70 notebook and is about 2 years old.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…