strange plusnet homepage popup

rickf 20:27 PM 28 Apr 13
Answered

Has plusnet been hijacked. I went on the net just now and the usual homepage was replaced with one asking me to pay by direct debit or credit card with the usual requirements asking for name address etc.,entitled Time To Pay. Needless to say I close it then back on to plusnet and the normal homepage came up. I logged into my a/c and see that I already pay by DD and next payment is not due until May. Or is it that the co is getting too big and confused since taken over by BT!!

rickf 20:29 PM 28 Apr 13

Have since scanned for infection and clean the laptop with CC Cleaner. Nothing found by my anti virus software though.

fourm member 08:39 AM 29 Apr 13

Just logged in and nothing untoward happened.

Forum Editor 15:05 PM 29 Apr 13
Answer

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

bobpullen 17:16 PM 01 May 13

Hi there,

If you haven't missed a payment then there's a slim possibility that the IP address you were assigned at the time was authenticated against a user who has in our traffic management system.

It's this system that governs the connection profile designed to push people to the billing pages when they've missed a payment.

If you haven't done so already then I'd suggest disconnecting/reconnecting which should clear the problem.

Best regards,

Bob Pullen

Plusnet Digital Care.

Ian in Northampton 21:23 PM 01 May 13

That's impressive from PlusNet's Bob Pullen. As a long time customer, I've never been less than delighted with their customer support. Other ISPs could learn a lot...

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites