Strange packet activity

Sam F 17:43 12 Dec 06

Hi
This is actually an old problem which I thought had been resolved. I've two laptops (connected wirelessly) and a pc (ethernet connected) all on a D-Link D-524 router. One laptop has a built in wireless and one has a wireless card. It's the laptop with the card that will sometimes show constant activity. (I.e. the lights on the card and in the windows task bar will be constantly flashing) When this happens, data packets seem to be constantly passed between the laptop and router (I assume) and the broadband speed on this laptop will slow right down. This can go on for up to 20-30 minutes at a time and then stop and everthing goes back to normal. The other two devices always seem to work fine.
I've used netstat at the command prompt but this doesn't seem to show any activity. i.e. no external websites seem to be being accessed?
Any idea how to stop this problem? It's really driving me crazy!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…