Strange noises through speakers........

Storik 15:50 10 Mar 05

I have an Asus A7N8X Delux motherboard and rather than buy a separate soundcard, am using the onboard sound.

I get several different kind of noises through the speakers (have tried two sets of speakers both have the same problem) One particular annoying noise is rather like listening to wind on a microphone, another, is a groaning noise when using the mouse, and another loud crackling - believed to be from a case fan.

Now before I invest in another sound device, would this cure the problem do you think? I'm sure most of the noises are caused by a faulty sound device on the motherboard.

Storik 16:02 10 Mar 05

The "mouse noises" are only when rolling the central scroll button. When depressing this and dragging the mouse to scroll, I get a noise rather like a ship's horn. - Is this a clue?

The mouse is a Trust wireless mouse - but works without a peep on the computer with SB live sound card.

No cheesy jokes! Please! It's usually a happy little mouse.

GANDALF<¦:-)> 16:30 10 Mar 05

do u hve soime type of microphoine connected or maybe need nu drivers

john-232317 16:35 10 Mar 05

Squeak squeak here also

click here

john-232317 16:37 10 Mar 05

Treat yourself to a new keyboard mate. ;-))

FelixTCat 16:42 10 Mar 05

Does it sing "Rule Britannia"? "Three Blind Mice"?

Check the "Mouse" and "Sounds and Audio Devices" entries in Control Panel. You can associate noises with almost any activity.

Storik 17:11 10 Mar 05

will try all suggested,

Just to experiment a little, tried this through front of case headphone socket - same problem.

Another clue for you brilliant detectives, have fitted the front case connections to motherboard - could this be affecting the sound?

GANDALF<¦:-)>: No microphone connected, but will see if I can download updated drivers - thanks.

dadyassa: Mouse trap snap!!I don't have a Via chipset, it's nforce, or soundblaster card (yet)but yes it could be "bus noise". Had a SB Live on it before and that worked ok. (That's now in other computer and working perfectly with a Via Chipset, funnily enough.)

FelixTCat: No not "Rule Brittania more like "River Dance" in metal clogs! - and no! I've overfed the poor little thing, and it's ball and relevent inside workings are nice and clean! lol

It's beginning to REALLY get on my nerves, especially as I'm just embarking on making DVD's.

Buchan 35 22:33 10 Mar 05

Make sure you switch everything off before you go to bed or you`ll have a helluva night

woodchip 22:41 10 Mar 05

Have you tried turning sounds off in control panel

woodchip 22:42 10 Mar 05

I mean windows sound's by the way.

Graham ® 08:54 11 Mar 05

This has to be sounds being induced into the onboard input stage, not the speakers. If there is no external connection, it must be internal, eg., CD-ROM lead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…