Strange monitor problem

Skeletor 21:02 30 Mar 04

Hi all,

I'm running Win XP Home with NVidea Geforce 4 MX 440

For the second time in my life I have just booted from 'Hibernation' mode, and now the whole display has shifted to the right leaving about a 1/2 inch black bar down the left, it also seems to have stretched horizontaly slightly, which means I cant get to anything on the right. I know it's not the monitor as when booting everything is fine until it gets to the 'Windows is starting up' screen. I think it's probably the graphics driver, but using 'System restore' doesn't cure it, so I could be wrong.

Any ideas greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Diodorus Siculus 21:59 30 Mar 04

HAve you tried to uninstall the nvidia driver and install a later (or earlier) version; guru3d.net has a lot of links to earlier versions of drivers.

Skeletor 23:03 30 Mar 04

Thanks Diodorus Siculus

I'm afraid I've tried uninstall/reinstall of the driver...no joy!

If I reduce the screen resolution it's ok, in as much as it fills the screen, but the icons and everything else are twice the size...yuck!

Any other ideas please?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:09 30 Mar 04

Has the monitor got a recall feature or reset feature to factory settings?if it has try that.

Regards.

Skeletor 23:19 30 Mar 04

I am just about to write out a hundred times 'Do not dismiss the obvious'

I 'ASSUMED'it wasn't the monitor...guss what it was!

Thanks for your time guys (he says with tail between legs)

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…