Strange Messages at boot up

thegripper 12:55 09 Jan 05

During boot up (the very last thing to start before I can use the PC), I get the following messages -

Firstly the Windows Installer dialogue saying " preparing to install", then another dialogue directly over the first saying " Norton Antivirus 2005 does not support the repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall"

I click on OK, the messages disappear, and all is well. It's an annoyance rather than a problem (I think).

I've no idea what is trying to install itself, and have looked at the log in NAV, and cannot see any clues. PC works perfectly after this !!!

Any advice apprceiated.

Totally-braindead 13:05 09 Jan 05

When you installed Norton was there a problem? It looks to me like part of Norton has either failed or hung up when trying to install and it seems to be trying to complete the loading every time you switch on. I'd wait to see what the others say but I'd think about uninstalling and reinstalling Norton from scratch and see if that does it.

skaria 13:38 09 Jan 05

i had the same problem. mine was caused when installing sonicstage updates. I just system restored and the error disappeared.

thegripper 13:43 09 Jan 05

Hi Skaria. Interesting, I've updated Sonic Stage recently also. I've tried system restore, but it would not restore from any of the points I selected. I'll try a restore from before the Sonic Stage update, and post the result.

DG

thegripper 18:08 09 Jan 05

Tried to restore, but unable to. All dates (tried 5) just get the message "unable to restore", so still have the problem !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…