Strange Message.

Meshuga 10:22 14 Mar 05

My daughter keeps getting a message every time she boots up which says " Generic Host Process for win 32 services has encountered a problem an needs to close. Windows must now restart as RPC (Remote Proceedure Call Service)terminated unexpectedly". She is then invited to click to send a report, or not to send a report. So far she has not sent a report. Has anyone any idea what this is about and how to stop it. Her OS is WinXPhome and her ISP is AOL. Her machine is a fairly new laptop. I would be grateful for any advice that I can pass on to her since she does not live with me. Many thanks.

johnnyrocker 10:32 14 Mar 05

if she has the xp disc she could run file checker sfc /scannow on line av check or maybe system restore hope that helps.

johnny.

rawprawn 10:34 14 Mar 05

It is a possible virus, tell her to scan with her AV.

Chegs ® 10:39 14 Mar 05

I just had a quick looksee round the net,and it would appear a driver for some hardware can cause this(but unlikely on a laptop)AOL might be causing the problem,and OE,the list just keeps growing as I search.

Stuartli 10:42 14 Mar 05

It could be something on these lines:

click here

Stuartli 10:46 14 Mar 05

Microsoft security warnings:

click here

and

click here

Plus

click here

Meshuga 13:23 14 Mar 05

Many thanks to all who responded. Info has been passed on. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…