strange(to me)error message,game related

exhumed 19:05 01 Oct 04

yesterday played online,Serious Sam the secound encounter on and off most of the day,(sad i know),and no problems,tonight instead of wreeking havoc,i got this error message:
The application,C:\program files\croteam\serious sam-the secound encounter\bin serious sam.exe,
generated an application error.the error occured on [email protected]:49:22,the exception generated was
c0000005 at address 601DBC10(engine! cbrushpolygon_makeshadowmap)
anyone have a clue as to what this means and what to do about it.cheers,of course the problems began after installing sp2,I get a similar error when trying to play Serious sam 1 except that tthat game will not play at all

Diodorus Siculus 19:53 01 Oct 04

So it was ok before installing SP2? Has it worked since installing SP2?

Have you tried a reinstall of the game?

exhumed 19:58 01 Oct 04

yes it was fine prior to sp2.I even did a complete format and reinstall and it worked fine for a couple of days,then the above error message.

Diodorus Siculus 20:04 01 Oct 04

Have you tried a reinstall of the game?

exhumed 20:08 01 Oct 04

no to reinstalling Serious sam 2,but I only installed serious sam 1 last night and that wouldn't play at all,I didn't take a note of the error message,but it was similar to sam 2,the exception error was different.

Dan the Confused 20:28 01 Oct 04

Have you tried upgrading the graphic card driver?

exhumed 20:32 01 Oct 04

I did the reinstall on monday all drivers are up to date,rather than use the disksthat cme with the components,I downloaded the latest.

VoG II 20:34 01 Oct 04

Start, Run, type in

dxdiag

and click OK. See if it finds any problems.

exhumed 20:37 01 Oct 04

no problems found

gudgulf 20:52 01 Oct 04

Maybe there is an issue with the Serious Sam games and SP2----I have both of them on my pc.SO in the interest of needing to know the answer to this myself,I'll just have to give them a go.

Will post back when I've done that,lol

Dan the Confused 20:54 01 Oct 04

Do you disable all background processes (except Explorer and Systray)? It might be worth visiting the game publisher site as it might be a known SP2 issue, maybe there is a patch you could download. Contacting them by email or phone may provide a quick resolution too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…