Strange keyboard problem

Fateful Shadow 14:23 27 Sep 06

Even before powering on the PC, I have a keyboard (PS2) that has the CapsLock and NumLock LEDs illuminated. When the PC is started up, the message "Keyboard Failure" appears and continues to boot into Windows.

I've tried it on other PCs and have arrived at the same conclusion.

Any idea what's going on? Or shall I just assume it's dead?

Thank =]

Jackcoms 14:49 27 Sep 06

"I've tried it on other PCs and have arrived at the same conclusion."

What do you mean? Same 'symptoms' with other PCs? Does the keyboard actually work or not?

Fateful Shadow 14:53 27 Sep 06

"I've tried it on other PCs and have arrived at the same conclusion." = I've plugged in the keyboard, and even without the power switch being pressed the 2 aforementioned LEDs illuminate. Get the same "Keyboard Failure" message on POST, and no, it's unresponsive (hence the Keyboard Failure message)

Jackcoms 14:56 27 Sep 06

Get your wallet out.

Keyboards are not expensive. ;-))

Fateful Shadow 14:59 27 Sep 06

Hehe, fortunately it's not my system =D

Is there any reason why this fault could happen? It's not an 'old' keyboard so-to-speak, and it's been working fine. Or is it just one of those things in ICT I just have to learn to accept? =P

Jackcoms 15:05 27 Sep 06

"Or is it just one of those things in ICT I just have to learn to accept?

I guess so. I certainly wouldn't waste too much time (or money) trying to fix it.

Unfortunately, just another example of today's throw away society.

Totally-braindead 15:16 27 Sep 06

Have to agree with Jackcoms, with keyboards starting at as little as £2 its really not worth spending time on it. Though I would say a keyboard is a personal thing, some like keyboards which I would hate so in my opinion it would be better for the owner of the PC to pick a replacement he or she likes rather than you just getting something you like.
Of course maybe they won't have any preference at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now