Strange internet explorer problem

hargranules 14:58 19 Oct 05

Just installed a netgear router which is working well it is linked to both pc both are picking up internet and seem fine. But.....

They will not connect to certain website, page cannot be displayed error, websites I couldn't get were e - bay and microsoft plus a few others.

I went onto internet explorer deleted cookie, deleted files, restored defaults & I have also turned off windows and mcafee firewall.

Any ideas why I cannot get these ones but other sites are fine?

retep888 17:14 19 Oct 05

Can you tell us more details about your router's model and your PC's OS etc., so as other member can assist you more?

hargranules 17:20 19 Oct 05

os is windows xp, router is netgear D834G. I have installed this router before never had any problems. They are using AOL as ISP but now using internet explorer to access internet.

Just read something on Microsoft website about security cerificates (SSL) and having to get new certificate.

Any ideas?

hargranules 18:52 19 Oct 05

Managed to work it out had to configure it with aol. They always seem to have their strange set - ups!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…